It’s July, the school holidays will soon begin and many of us will be heading off for a well-earned break, camping or planning trips to the coast or countryside.
This year, instead of trudging round the shops or trawling online looking for new holiday gear, dig out your old stuff now, see if it needs any quick repairs or alterations and bring it along to the Repair Cafe! That way you’ll save more money to spend on your holidays as well as avoiding sending things to landfill.
• Broken zips, frayed seams, clothing that has ‘shrunk’ can be mended or altered.
• Camping? Check torches and lamps, sleeping bag zips, saucepan handles
• Broken bag/backpack straps or zips and suitcase locks and wheels.
• Going on a cycling holiday? – get your bike checked over by our experts: Brakes, chains, lights. Bike rack in working order?
• Pen knives – seized or blunt?
• Portable electricals – travel hairdryer/straighteners
• Staying home? – check your electric fans are in working order in case we have a heat wave!
• Garden furniture with wobbly legs?
Please note: The repair cafe does not hold equipment/spare parts for repairs so if you need a new zip or spare part it may be worth purchasing one before you come along!
Crime Prevention Table
This month we are delighted to welcome Sussex Police who will be on hand to suggest and recommend simple crime prevention measures to help us keep our belongings safe both at home and whilst on holiday.
They will have a selection of information leaflets available covering areas such as Fraud, Scams, Safety on the web, Cuckoo `ing, home security, community speed watch, Operation Crackdown, drugs, knife crime, domestic abuse, hate crime and so on.
Kids Table for July
There will be loads of Lego for kids to practise their construction skills!
PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE NO REPAIR CAFE IN AUGUST