Henfield Parish Council is seeking an additional Works Officer to work 25 hours per week (5 days). The role will involve assisting the Parish Clerk in managing and maintaining property, land and facilities under the control of Henfield Parish Council.
The applicant should have a full driving licence and be physically fit and able to work outdoors in all seasons. Ideally experienced in the use of hand and power tools, although additional training can be provided.
Computer literate – able to schedule work, obtain quotes and use the Parish Council systems.
Please see below for a full job description and application form. If you need any more information please contact the Parish Office by calling 01273 492507, or by emailing email@example.com
Kevin Wright – Clerk to Henfield Parish Council.”
HENFIELD PARISH COUNCIL
JOB DESCRIPTION – PARISH COUNCIL WORKS OFFICER
25 hours per week – £13.50 per hour
To assist the Parish Clerk in managing and maintaining property, land and facilities in the ownership or under the control of Henfield Parish Council, or in respect of which Henfield Parish Council has a responsibility, under agreements with West Sussex County Council or Horsham District Council.
- LIST OF SKILLS
• Full driving licence.
• Physically fit and able to work outdoors in all seasons.
• Experienced in the use of hand and power tools, although additional training can be provided if required.
This includes the use of a strimmer, chain saw and weed sprayer.
- Computer literate – able to schedule work, obtain quotes etc.
- To be flexible with working hours to be available to deal with emergency situations. This could include gritting the High Street and other key locations in the village and clearing snow.
- Able to deal with members of the public in a polite, respectful manner.
- Manage & scheduling the workload
- Obtain quotes for new work/equipment
- Manage safety trainings schedule
1. Working as part of a team to at various sites and locations around Henfield
• Maintain and manage verges, hedges and green spaces during growing season
• Empty litter bin/ litter pick area outside village centre
• Rough mow brambles
• Clear ditches – as required.
• Maintain street furniture
• Remove build-up of leaves in laybys and cut back overhanging vegetation to maintain sight lines, as
• Maintain footpaths.
2. Planting of trees and plants
3. Cemetery – Memorial rocking test and remedial action, twice per annum.
4. Weekly safety inspection of play equipment, Chessbrook Green, Wantley, Kings Field (including Skate Park) and Rothery Field. Additionally, empty skate park litter bin.
5. Read Electric and Water meters at Rothery Pavilion and water meter for High Street Toilets.
6. Erect and remove signs on verges for parish events at Wantley, the Common and Barrow Hill. Remove unsanctioned signage.
7. Henfield Common – maintain drainage ditch to north of the Memorial Field including cutting back
overhanging branches, as required.
8. Maintain grit bins around village and replenish salt, as required.
9. When snow is forecast, grit High Street pavements from Furners Lane to Golden Square.
10. Remove accumulated snow from High Street pavements using mechanical sweeper and hand tools.
If you are interested please download and complete the application form here and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply for this position is Friday 14th January.