The Big Nibble food and drink festival makes a welcome return to Horsham’s Carfax this Sunday 5 September from 11am to 4pm with a top selection of stalls, demonstrations and tastings.
This year’s rally call for the event is to ‘Shop Local, Eat Global’ as the festival will showcase the very best of local produce from across the Horsham District, alongside the very best of internationally inspired street food.
The popular town centre food and drink festival will focus on local, artisan producers and will feature a range of high quality food and drink to take home, to cook with and to eat and drink on the day.
Expect a selection of guest appearances from local food heroes as well as some of your favourite market regulars.
The tastings and talks timetable looks like this:
- 11am Safari Pizza – The Art of Pizza Making
- 11.15am G Whizz – Discovering Local Cheese
- 11.30am Phat Kat – What is Kombucha?
- 11.45am Nonsuch Mushrooms – Wild Mushrooms
- 12noon G&H Spirits – Gin Tasting
- 12.15pm Flux – Vegan Cookery
- 12.30pm Mead – An introduction to Mead
- 12.45pm Brolly Brewing – Beer Tasting
- 1pm Cabin Pressure – Gin Tasting
- 1.15pm Custom Spirits – Rum Tutorial
- 1.30pm Nonsuch Mushrooms – Wild Mushrooms
- 1.45pm Phat Kat – What is Kombucha?
- 2pm G&H Spirits – Gin Tasting
- 2pm Pond Puddings & Sussex Smokies – Food Talk
- 2.15pm Mopani – All about Biltong
- 2.30pm Good Living Brewery – Tutored Tasting
- 2.45pm Cabin Pressure – Gin Tasting
- 3pm Pond Puddings and Sussex Smokies – Foodie Quiz
- 3pm Safari Pizza – The Art of Pizza Making
- 3.15pm Custom Spirits – Rum Tutorial
- 3.30pm Flux – Vegan Cookery
- 3.45pm G Whizz – Discovering Local Cheese
There will be live music on the bandstand from 12.30pm by Spiral Orion.
Throughout the day stallholders will be giving a series of short presentations, masterclasses and tastings at their stalls.
With a range of sensational street food, pop up bars and live music on the bandstand, we want you to enjoy yourselves and Feast Horsham!
The Big Nibble event is being delivered this year by Horsham District Council’s contracted market operator Food Rocks.
For further details please go to www.horshammarkets.co.uk or check out Facebook @ Horsham Markets.